Friday, February 11, 2011

about new born child of HIV postive mother

about new born child of HIV postive mother
Aug 31, 2008

my sister is tested as positive HIV while admitted for delivery day before yesterday. the girl child born . My sister was never tested before. we are very much worried and want to know the chance of being infection to the child and the expected life span of the both and whether any feasibility in treatment for both my sister and the new born child. her husband is tested as negative . what is % if the child to get infected and also for AIDS for both mother and new born child.

Response from Dr. McGowan

I understand the stress you and your family must be under getting this information at the time your sister is giving birth. HIV can be transmitted from mother to child, but fortunately, most babies are not infected. About 1 out of every 3 to 4 newborns may be infected. Most transmission occurs at the time of delivery. Transmission is more if the mother has a high viral load in the blood (alot of virus in her blood circulation). Therefore, treatment of the mother starting in the second trimester of pregnancy to lower her viral burden can greatly decrease the chance of transmitting virus. Since your sister was not tested until labor she may still receive medication (AZT given intravenously) during labor and delivery. Your sister should not breastfeed (unless you live in an area without access to clean water and baby formula), this would prevent transmission of HIV in the breast milk. The newborn should receive HIV medications (at least AZT) for 4 weeks after birth. Your sister and her baby should do well if they have access to HIV treatment.

3 comments:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful Herbal treatment is 100% guarantee.

    Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

    He’s waiting to help you.


    HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING DISEASES;

    If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES HSV 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B. liver diseases , Diabetes, 1 or 2. , fibroids, Chlamydia, Genital herpes, Alzheimer’s, Trichomoniasis , Tuberculosis, CAD, Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Isi Voorhees from the United Kingdom.  I am here to share my experience on how I got cured from genital Herpes through the help of Dr oosa who uses his roots and herbs to cure my Herpes. I am healthy and strong once again. All thanks to you Dr oosa may you live long to continue the good work you started, as many of you out there looking for a solution to your herpes problems kindly contact dr oosa doctoroosaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349134261364 
    note: dr oosa also cure cure the following
    1 Disability
    2 Diabetes cure
    3 Ringing ear
    4 Hepatitis B
    5 Warts cure
    6 HPV cure
    7 Get your ex back
    8 Pregnancy herbal medicine
    9 Prostate enlargement
    10  herpes cure
    11 cancer cure

    ReplyDelete