Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Benaissa is set to call the HIV/AIDS expert

Benaissa is set to call the HIV/AIDS expert Dr. Josef Eberle, of Munich's Ludwig Maximilian University, in her defense, according to The Guardian, and he is expected to testify that the man may have been infected by another sexual partner.

During a TV interview last summer, Benaissa spoke of the strain of living with HIV, which she believes she caught during her troubled teenage years, when she was addicted to crack cocaine. (She says she no longer drinks alcohol or takes drugs.)

"I can't just go anywhere I like and be free and be a normal person. I now have this stamp. I will do my best to make the most of it," she told the program, according to Agence France-Presse. "I am actually completely healthy, not sick. I am HIV-positive. Being HIV-positive doesn't mean being ill. If the disease breaks out, it is called AIDS. I have a completely normal life expectancy."

No comments:

Post a Comment