Friday, February 25, 2011

A.I.D.S.

A.I.D.S.

There are not a lot of things that I know about AIDS but what I do know seems to be the basics. AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Males and females can get it from sexual contact of many kinds. It was brought about from Africa about twenty years ago and was spread from males to females and vice-versa. I do not know all of the side affects of AIDS but I know that you eventually die from the virus. Babies can easily get the disease from their mothers if they have AIDS, because of then sharing their blood supply. And they usually do not live very long due to their bodies being attacked at such a young age they will not have a chance to build up an immune system. I would like to have a better understanding of what the virus is and how it affects your body. I want to know what you can do to prevent it and if there is anything you can do to lessen the pain and suffering. Basically, I would like to be more knowledgeable on the subject because it seems to be something that a lot of people have to deal with. I learned quite a few things from research. I know that about every one in ten people have AIDS. Mo





It is called ARC, which means AIDS Related Complex. You become very tired and weak, and you are not able to do some of the same things that you were able to do before you got the virus. If you have cuts on your hand it is best to put a glove on when you touch someone who has the virus. I had no idea that you could spread it or get it so easily. And usually you find out from a regular test from a doctor. I will use this as just a little bit of useful information that everybody should know. They can use that information and share it with whoever they please. There is a different type of "pre-AIDS"� disease that you can get. Most AIDS infected people have around two months to live after they are hospitalized from the severe side affects of the virus. And it was spread mostly by prostitutes. I learned that you can get tested for AIDS and it can be completely confidential. It started in Africa and mostly heterosexual males and females had it. For a while it was thought of as a "gay disease"�. If you want to get tested you need to go to a place where they only want to refer to you as a number.

No comments:

Post a Comment