Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stab victim fears HIV infection

Stab victim fears HIV infection

Harry says he has to wait three months for blood tests to confirm if he has contracted HIV after being stabbed in the shoulder with a syringe. (ABC)

A 55-year-old man fears he may have been infected with HIV after being stabbed with a syringe outside a hotel in the Perth suburb of Midland.

The victim, who wants to be known as Harry, says he was on a train to Midland on Saturday night when he refused several request for money from a man.

He says when they got off the train, the man stabbed him twice in the shoulder with a syringe before saying welcome to the world of HIV.

The victim says he has to wait three months for blood tests to confirm if he has contracted the disease and says this man must be caught before he can do it again.

"What he has done was absolutely gutless and lowlife, but my main concern is who will he do it to next? will it be a child? will it be an elderly? will it be a handicapped person? I mean a man that's just as cold as that," he said.

"I'd a blood test yesterday and unfortunately I've got to go back in three months time to find out [if I'm positive].

"I won't know for next three months, so I'm under stress there, you know, I'm hoping for the best."

The offender is described as an Aboriginal man aged between 25 and 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment